The Mayor of the city of Tbilisi Giorgi Ugulava
- Was born in 1975 in Tbilisi.
- In 1998, he completed the Faculty of Philosophy and Sociology of the Tbilisi Ivane Javakhishvili State University and was conferred the qualification of a teacher of philosophy.
- 1992-1994 вЂ" studied at the Tbilisi Theological Seminary
- In 1993 вЂ" worked at the I. Sukhishvili Choreographic College, at the T. Kanchaveli Author College вЂњNobileвЂќ and as a teacher of History of Religion at the 58th Secondary School.
- From 1995-1997, he was a student of the Zaabruken University.
- From 1997-1998, he was journalist for вЂњIberia-TVвЂќ.
- In 1998, he enrolled in the post-graduate course of the Savle Tsereteli Philosophy Institute of the Georgian Academy of Science
- From 1999-2000, he was a journalist of the Fund вЂњInter NewsвЂќ. During the same period of time he worked at the position of the manager of Transparency International-Georgia programs and from May til July he worked as a consultant at the Fund вЂњEurasiaвЂќ.
- From 2001-2003, he was the Director of the вЂњLegal Education AssociationвЂќ вЂ" ALPE.In December of 2003, he was appointed to the position of the Deputy Minister of Justice of Georgia.
- In February of 2004, he was appointed to the position of the Deputy Security Minister and the same year in March to the position of the First Deputy.
- From September of 2004 until April 2005, he was the state plenipotentiary of the President of Georgia in the Samegrelo-Zemo Svaneti Region.
- On the 20th of April, 2005, he was appointed to the position of the Chief of the Administration of the President of Georgia.
- In 2001, he participated in training for newly appointed managers and also in the training on the issues of organization of labor and improvement of planning (Belgium).
- In September of 2002, he became a John Smith bursar (The United Kingdom); his theme was вЂњDemocracy, regulation of press and broadcasting at the United KingdomвЂќ.
- At various periods of time, he was a member of the sub-council of legal education of the вЂњOpen Society to GeorgiaвЂќ, a member of independent council of social control of the Ministry of Justice of Georgia, and a coordinator of the education sector group of nongovernmental monitoring.
- On the 12th of July, 2005, he was appointed to the position of the Mayor of the city of Tbilisi.
- On the 5th of October, 2006, he participated in the elections of the local government and on the 12th of October of the same year, the Tbilisi City Council elected Giorgi Ugulava to the position of the Mayor of Tbilisi.
- He speaks English, German, and Russian. He has a wife and two children.
The Mayor of the city of Tbilisi Gigi Ugulava has three deputies.
The first deputy – Vice-Mayor is Mamuka Akhvlediani.
The Mayor has two more deputies: Giorgi Meladze and David Alavidze.
Deputies of the Mayor prepare and present to the Mayor policy proposals concerning measures to be carried out by the sectors of the local government; they organize and oversee the realization of the resolutions by the City Council, City Hall and other government units.
The head of Tbilisi City Hall Administration is a Vice-Mayor Mamuka Akhvlediani: He has one deputy Sulkhan Sisauri Tbilisi Administration consist of the following services:
- Juridical Service
- Service of Communications with Society and Media
- Service of International Relations
- Service of Personnel Resources
- Organization Service
- Registration-plural AccountsвЂ™ Service
- Service of Material-Technical Provision
- Service of Computer Provision
- Apparatus of the Mayor
- Apparatus of the vice Mayor
- Apparatus of the Deputy-Mayor
- Apparatus of the Deputy-Mayors